ST STEPHEN'S CENTRAL
LIVING FAITHFULLY IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS
ST STEPHEN'S IS GATHERING VIRTUALLY AND OUTDOORS
Bishop's directive as of 12.10.20 at 3:15p
Indoor and outdoor gatherings,
services, and events are cancelled until
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING THIS SUNDAY
FOLLOWS THE 10:00a SERVICE
Meeting ID: 864 8160 6228
ANNUAL REPORT PDF for this Sunday
On Racism and Black Lives: Loving the Lord our God and Loving our Neighbor as Ourselves
Click here to read about St Stephen's statement against Racism and to view supporting sermons.
During CovidTide, St Stephen’s Church is still called as members of the Body of Christ to witness to the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord, loving God and our neighbor. Our core commitment never changes; how we live into it does. St Stephen’s will continually adapt our worship and community life to express this mission for the world under current conditions and in keeping with the best available public health guidelines.
ALL ABOUT REGATHERING
INDOOR SERVICES EVENTBRITE LINK | Marin is now Purple Tier 1, all indoor & outdoor services & activities are cancelled
Please note: The Bishop's new Directive updated on 12.10.20 does not allow indoor or outdoor gatherings of any kind.
UPDATES TO SERVICES AND EVENTS
To help keep everyone safe, and to abide by the latest directive from Bishop Marc, as of March 16th, 2020 the church and parish house are closed for in-person regular 10:00 am worship and cultural events through a date to be announced in January 2021.
The health of the community is our highest priority. We encourage people to stay connected with St Stephen’s and one another through livestreaming services, the early outdoor service for 24 people, and virtual meetings. Email the office[at]ststephenschurch.org for the quickest response during shelter in place.
We invite you to join us online for a live broadcast of our 10:00 am Service of Holy Eucharist:
- Subscribe today to St Stephen's new Sunday livestreams You Tube Channel | stay up-to-date with changing links
- https://www.youtube.com/ststephensbelvedere | St Stephen's unique YouTube Channel url
- Livestream 10:00 am Sunday Service | 1.17.2021 Look for the dates
- PDF for this Sunday's Leaflet | 1.17.2021
- The Blessing of the Chalk for blessing your home for the New Year pdf
- The pdfs of St Stephen's Worship Leaflets are available here.
- All Livestream links
When the service broadcast is completed, the video is archived straightaway and available via the same link.
CONTACTING ST STEPHEN'S
To keep everyone safe, St Stephen's is closed and our office staff are all currently working remotely. If you need to get in touch with the office, to receive the quickest response, please email the staff directly. You can always call and leave a voice message, but your call may be not returned as efficiently. Elizabeth checks the Office voicemail from home. If you have an emergency, please call or text the Pastoral Care number on the back of the Sunday leaflet.
LINK TO ST STEPHEN'S ONLINE DIRECTORY
PASTORAL CARE AND STAYING CONNECTED WITH ST STEPHEN'S | Prior letters and link to Together Again
ONLINE SERVICES AND EVENTS
WORSHIP LIVESTREAMS | [ Link here to ALL livestreams page]:
SUBSCRIBE TO ST STEPHEN'S NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO STAY IN-THE-MOMENT WITH ALL CHANGES
24 January 2021, 10:00 am | Livestream YouTube Link Look for the date of the service
Prior [ Link here for ALL livestreams page]
GODLY PLAY THIS SUNDAY
Please feel free to contact directly the Rev'd Christine Trainor if you have any questions.
BIBLE STUDIES/FORUMS/FILM GROUP/ONLINE SATURDAY PRAYER GROUP:
How to Zoom Link for more details
St Stephen's Online Slow Religion, Sundays, 9:00 am | Led by Joe Jennings and the Rev'd Zoila Schoenbrun
Slow Religion Foundations of Faith:
Slow Religion Foundations of Faith: Incarnation -- God made flesh in Jesus Christ
Incarnation in the Gospel of St. John: Book of Glory Chapters 13-20
Sunday, January 24, 9:00 AM
Mark: 8:29 “He asked them, “But who do you say that I am?””
This week’s meeting is on the Gospel of St. John which is the foundation of the Christian Doctrine of Incarnation. We will focus on the Chapters 13-20 which are called the Book of Glory. We will explore the relationship in St. John’s Gospel between Crucifixion, Resurrection, Incarnation and Glory. Please read Chapter 17 and our attachment and come prepared to look straight into the mystery at the heart of our faith.
Meeting ID: 844 4255 5358
- St JohnClass 7 pdf
- St John Chapter 17 pdf
One tap mobile
Prior PDFs for previous Slow Religion classes:
Sunday Forums, Led by Karl Belgum
Sunday Forum, 17th January, 9:00 am - "Meet the Competition": Compared to What? - Zoom Link
Christianity became wildly popular in the first couple centuries A.D. But who played the role of Blackberry to Christianity's iPhone? On January 17 we will look at the other religious options in the Roman Empire and ask ourselves, what did Christianty offer that they did not?" Join us for a discussion called "Meet the competition."
- Meeting ID: 849 3632 2942
This will help us all focus on what is special about Christianity.
St Stephen's Online Film Society, Led by Donald Sung | Wednesdays, 4:00 pm
COFFEE HOUR ZOOMS
Sunday, 17th January 2021 Virtual Coffee Hour, 11:00a | Zoom Link
Meeting ID: 876 6421 9006
St Stephen's Saturday Men's Breakfast with Father Schaper, 8:00 am
Children and Youth News and Survey for all Families with Children
- St Stephen’s Kids | Godly Play Stories at Home | Normally during the school year we teach Godly Play classes to students, but since we are separated by County Health and Bishop Marc’s directives, we will be sending you videos you can watch on demand. We understand that many children are dealing with more screen time than usual, but we’re not willing to cede that space entirely to schools. It is important to find spiritual help for your children from your church.
- Each week in Tidings we will send a link to a Stories of God at Home / Godly Play story in video format.
- Here is link for the introduction for parents: https://youtu.be/wJAYfWzmHPg
- It is recommended that you watch each Godly Play story as a family, at a set time convenient each week if possible. You are raising a child in the knowledge and love of the Lord, to love God and neighbor. That is a huge responsibility. And it is at the same time a great privilege, a gift.
- Please feel free to contact directly Christine Trainor if you have any questions or need any advice on how to share your faith lovingly with children.
Teen Girls Studies with Victoria Ellsworth by Zoom
Every other Sunday | 4 - 5p
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS VIDEO Prerecorded |26th September
TREASURE MEMORIAL | 18 September 2020, 11:00 am
The Rector's Bible Study:
- New Bible Study Coming Soon
The Associate Rector's Series: